Sunday, August 19, 2007

Col'Cacchio!


Here is a restaurant that I've been going to for years! My flatmate and I used to 'live' at the one in Cape Town for about 2 years. Then I came back to Joburg .....and no Col'Cacchio! So I went to the UK for a year and when I came back I was very happy to see ONE practically across the road from my house! What a bonus......! My mom and I can live on good Pizza and Pasta.


I've heard that this one at the new Worldwear Centre weren't so hot too start off with. I was informed that the managers had a bad attitude and the service was pathetic. Well it has a new manager now and it is back up to standard. The Pizza's are light and crispy. The pasta is so tasty and bursting with flavour. The service is quick and the waiters are friendly and clued up on what they serve! There are over 20 pizza's to choose from, a few pasta dishes and some salads. The desserts are your standard Italian stuff..... Ice cream, Ice cream and more ice cream!


They wine list is great with lots of top quality wines to choose from. It was great to sit outside in the Spring sun and just have a nice chilled Sunday lunch with the fam!


I have only one problem.... I am convinced that they have only one CD! It plays every single time that I go there (a lot). It is a nice CD....but come on! If you are there for longer that an hour it gets a bit annoying.


A main course will cost you anything from R30 - R90, drinks excluded. They are open from Monday to Sunday for lunch and dinner. You can check their website at: http://www.colcacchio.co.za/


No comments: