Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chappies!


Do you remember those juicy chewing gum squares called Chappies. I was never really allowed to have them...... but I sooo did! They used to have a very intense grape flavour... so good. I am aware of the fact that it is not really food or a restaurant or a new gadget, but it is something that you chew (and used to swallow because I was told not to swallow them!) Yes, we were told not to swallow chewing gum because your insides will get blocked...... ya right!

I found a Chappie wrapper today! I remembered the 'Did you know' facts printed on the inside. These notes are actually quite interesting:


1) Did you know.. that when baby Kangaroos are born they are only about an inch long? That is
the same size as a queen bee. (I would love it if someone could confirm this??)

2) Did you know... in a 75 year lifetime the average person will have 200 colds each lasting five
six days or about 3 years in total.

3) Did you know... Everyday the heart pumps around 43000 litres of blood, enough to fill over
150 baths.

4) Did you know ... Your tongue print is just as unique as your fingerprints.

Interesting facts that I did not know! You must be thinking 'small things amuse small minds!'

Chappies are still very much around and I must admit I can't stand the sound of them being chewed!

Just thought I would hit you all with a blast from the past!

No comments: